Tuesday, January 25, 2011

She Said The PERFECT Thing!

SO.....here's the follow-up post that was written about 4 days before my beta day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These new fangled pregnancy tests always say how ultra-sensitive they are. "Find out Results Six Days in Advance" blah blah blah. Well, I've taken a least a hundred of them and when the result is positive, it NEVER EVER shows until about 2-3 days before...even then it's a faint line. Does that stop me from testing? HELL NO!

So this morning, at 5:22am I 1)really had to go to the bathroom and 2)wanted to do a pregnancy test. It's so early I know. It's 4 whole days before my Beta blood test, but I'm neurotic...so whatever. By now, I have a routine. Pee in the dixie cup. Hold the test in it for five seconds. Hold the test vertical until the test is saturated. Go and get the flashlight. Head back to bed.

I'm laying in bed, since I'm still 1/2 asleep, but still have my glasses on. I open my eyes a little and get scared b/c my husband's face is right in front of me in the dark. It was kind of creepy.....it was a little alien abduction like and my heart jumped. He was looking to see why I was wearing my glasses in bed (he was super close because he WASN'T wearing his glasses). Whatever dude. OK, now the test says read results after 3 minutes and not effective to read after 10. Yeah, this is not true. The First Response test I use never shows results until after 10 minutes. But my motto is "pink is pink"! If there's no HCG, you're not going to get any second line at all. If you see pink, something is cooking down there! I looked at it (with the flashlight, get it now?) and didn't see anything so I laid back down. 5 minutes later, my hubby suddenly pops up and starts asking about the test. I told him there was nothing, but ok, I'll look again. Hold on now. Faint pink...very faint pink...but pink is pink. He yells out "I KNEW IT!".

Admittedly, it's crazy early. What's important now is that the line gets pinker and pinker each day. Still, it's an amazing sign to get a positive this early. If you say the word that starts with TW and ends in INS, I'll hurt you!

I called my mom later that morning. I told her the story of the flashlight and wearing my glasses in bed and had her laughing. When I told her about the pink line her voice went up and she said "Oh really?". It gets like that when she gets all choked up. She's been through this whole process with me and knows every bit of the journey. I imagine it's hard for a parent to watch their child go through so much pain...both emotional and physical. At the end of the conversation, she was kind of quiet and then she said "My heart is excited!". Wow! It's not often (if ever) that children think their parents say the right thing. That was not only the right thing, that was the PERFECT thing. That's exactly how I feel....and I can't get that sentence out of my mind.

She has 6 grandchildren already that she loves so much, I knew the comment wasn't about having another grandchild. It was about me being able to have what I've been dreaming of for so, so long. I appreciate her being there for me....and I appreciate her wanting that for me. OK, I have to stop crying now.

Today is a very, very good day.

1 comment:

  1. Just re-read this again and got all teary-smiley again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Infertility Blog Directory