Monday, April 13, 2009

The hardest week ever!

Not only was the test negative, but the hormonal drop and pain from AF doesn't help the situation. I spent a lot of last week crying over crazy stuff that I don't usually let get to me.

On Friday, we had our "Cycle Review" appt with the doctor. OK, it didn't start off well. He called me in the car and tried to have a phone appt. I told him that my husband needed to be involved, then he pushed us to move our appt up to noon. I rearranged everything. We got there and he made us wait 40 minutes in a 75 degree waiting room. Not a good start...so now I have anger mixed in with my already emotional state.

So, in our appt. he basically tells us all the indicators are good. I still have a good FSH, my egg development and response is good, the embryos are good grades and look good going in......good....good...good...but there's nothing they can tell after the embryos are transferred back. baaaaad He says the major factor is my age. He thinks I have an excellent chance of being successful, he just can't say when.

So we just keep rolling the dice for $10k a turn? and that's all he can give us?

Ugggh, between the anger from the waiting room and all of this I was pretty much speechless. I can tell you this is a rare event.

They did give us a new option which would be more invasive than a regular ivf cycle...or we could use some of our frozen embryos for a frozen cycle.

Now we need to decide what to do. In the meantime, I'm going to St. Thomas. I need a break from all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory