Saturday, July 25, 2009

I cracked!

I couldn't stay still a minute longer!!! On Friday, my niece and I took a road trip to New Hope PA for the day. We had lunch on a garden patio, ate chocolate covered strawberries and looked in the shops. For those who don't know me, I'm a photographer.....and I just heard about this photo contest. So, I enlisted my niece as my model and we came up with some amazing ideas. Then, we went and bought some outfits (what's a photo shoot without outfits right?) and props at the dollar store and proceeded to do our photo shoot. OK, so I probably exerted myself a little more than I should have, but I had a great time! The REALLY cool thing is M, my niece. She said that "it was the most fun she's had all summer". How awesome is she? And, if I'm lucky, maybe I'll find out I'm pregnant AND win $1000 bucks!

I've had some major creative urges this week. I'm setting up a new photography website, entering contests and planning some future photo shoots. Something has just turned on inside me. Maybe I've finally kicked my old job out of my system and it's opened up those creative pathways again. Stress can be a block to so many things....and that job was blocking a lot of happiness in my life for a long time. It took a whole month of doing nothing to shake it!

On another front, I really do need to do some cleaning today.....I can see dust on everything....and we are almost out of clothes. I'm going to be sure not to do too much though. I made D carry the laundry basket to the back room for me since I'm not supposed to lift over 20 lbs. It all seems a bit wacky since there are tons of women who lift toddlers or work for UPS when they don't know they are pregnant, but with all I've been through, I'm not taking any chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory