Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a slow burn.

We received our fertilization update for the day. One embryo peetered out and never divided. So we have 15 left. We have one 4 cell, 3-3 cells and the rest are 2 cells. It seems that our embryos are on the slow burn. Optimally, we'd like as many as possible to be 4 cells at this stage since that would mean they would be very likely to be 8 cells by tomorrow. So, although I had a response in quantity that is not typical for a 40 year old chica, the quality issue is still there. Of course, people get pregnant every day from embryos that are not 8 cells on day 3, it's just one indicator of quality. Still, I wish I had the comfort of more potential 8 cells. It's not bad news for sure, but not great.

In other news, last night Dan gave me my first PIO shot. That is one frakking big needle I tell you what. We were hanging out at B&G's house last night and didn't realize how late it was. It was 11pm by the time we got home. So, we had to put on the lidocaine and leave it there for at least a 1/2 hour while I also warmed the PIO vial in my bra. (great tips I learned from someone in my support group) Then I laid on the bed and when Dan was ready I started coughing. This keeps you from flexing your muscles. (tip #3) It all went pretty well. I only felt the needle slightly on the way in. Luckily, I'm not even sore today. That could change the more I have to do of course...but so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory