Saturday, March 21, 2009

The lil' swimmers did their work!

And the magic number is 16! So out of 20 eggs retrieved, 16 have fertilized! Yippee!!! That's an even better report than last time. Of course, it's not the quantity but the quality. We'll have to wait a few more days and see how they do.

The pain is a little less today. I was able to sleep through the night without pain meds....I just had to lay on my one side. I'm going to try just taking regular tylenol today and see how it goes. Eddy has been planted on the couch at the end of my blanket the whole time now. She starts snoring very loudly here and there. She so concerned.

I do have one worry looming for the day and it's the Progesterone in Oil shot. I decided to go with the PIO shot this time since the Endometrin suppositories were just 1) gross and 2) had even more grosser (oh yes, more grosser IS correct in this instance) side effects. So, that means a 1 1/2" needle in my butt each day. Since the follicles are removed by the egg retrieval procedure they don't produce progesterone like a normal cycle. Progesterone keeps your period from coming and maintains the pregnancy. If I do get pregnant, I'll have to continue the shots for 10 weeks until the placenta kicks in. D is very excited to finally get to stab me (this is the closest he can get to actual stabbing). I'm picturing him yelling out something like "THE DAY IS MINE" right before stabbing me. (helps!)

One of the girls in my support group sent me a full page of instructions on how she takes the shots. Her more important trick - lidocaining your butt so you don't feel it. You know I'm all about the lidocaine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory