Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Updatedness

Ok, so I said I wouldn't update....but most of my friends know by now that the first IVF didn't work. We met with our RE and they said there was no indication of any problem. Everything was fine. It's a 1 in 3 chance and this time, we weren't the one. Bummer! It's a little harder to takesince it WAS the month for 3 other couples in our support group. sigh One couple just got pregnant on their own before treatment started...bastards! But....hopefully April will be our turn.

I figured, I could let myself be sad about this or I could just go on. I'm trying hard to view this as a roll of the dice....but one with a lot of injections and procedures involved. I'm pulling up my big girl pants and doing what I need to do, ya know? Wow, it sucks being an adult sometimes.

So.....right after we heard the news, even before our follow-up appt, I called the dr to see if we can go on to round 2 right away. I went on BCPs immediately, then did 2 weeks of BCPs plus a Lupron shot to suppress my ovaries. Yesterday, I just started Gonal-F to get those eggies growing again. (I'm in the 3 shots a day phase now...fun fun fun) We're hoping that this change to a Lupron protocol will help with the egg quality (although we'll probably get less eggs this time).

Lupron is a scary drug. It's rumored to have lots of side effects...as our nurse said....ones that end in "...I.T.C.H." hee Today was the first day I'm really feeling bad.....hopefully it won't last...for D's sake....and my coworkers.

So, here we are, going to round 2. We're paying totally out of pocket this time. It makes it a little more painful.....but hopefully it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory