Friday, September 4, 2009

Positive Changes

I've been unemployed now for a little over 2 months. I was sure that I would work out every day and have so much free time. Neither is true. First, I started focusing my time on my photography business, then I decided to take on a kitchen renovation. Brilliant right, because what else could I possible have on my plate?

Speaking of plates, I also joined Weight Watchers this week. It's so hard with the IVF because extreme diets are really discouraged. I can't exercise or feel too fatigued to exercise during the cycle itself. The hormone injections cause you to gain weight and some of them increase your appetite. So basically, it's been really difficult to lose any weight. So I joined WW to try to make a dent in the right direction. There are lots of studies that say losing just a small amount of weight can make a difference in fertility.

I am down about 7 lbs from my highest weight a few months ago, but I want to lose at least 10 more as quickly as possible. That means, yogurt and fruit for bfast and salad for lunch for me. I had a whole bowl of cardboard (fat-free) popcorn last night. Hopefully it will all be worth it. It will be even harder handling the extra weight of a pregnancy on top of this so it would be good to lose what I can now.

Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory