Saturday, September 26, 2009

The post transfer AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

A sigh of relief! When we arrived at the RE's office there were a few people ahead of us. Good thing because I realized I forgot to drink any water. They ask you to drink a lot of water b/c it helps the position of the uterus for the transfer. Since I have a retroverted uterus I don't have to drink too much. So, while waiting I started downing the 2 large cups of water they brought me. Then, Dr. S came in (aka Mr. No Pain Biopsy Doctor...love him!). He gave us a pic of our FOUR BLASTS! That's right FOUR! Turns out 2 were from this cycle and 2 were thawed out from our first IVF cycle. We actually have all 4 of our morulas make it to blast, but 2 were missing the ICM. In the coolness part 2 section of today's posts, I'll explain what that means below.

Anyway, we went in for our transfer. Again, it was pretty uncomfortable for me. The have to really angle that speculum in a bad way b/c of my curved uterus. Hopefully it will be well worth it. We are so excited!!!

Here's a pic of our blasts. The 2 on the left are fresh and the 2 on the right were frozen.


Here's the coolness factor of the blastocyst! It's only about 100 cells, but the cells have already separated into their future parts. (this is not my embryo)



"Another image of a high quality human blastocyst
The cells which will become the fetus are in the area marked as "ICM" (inner cell mass)
The blastocoel cavity in the center is marked as "C"
The trophectoderm cells that will form the placenta surround the cavity - one is marked with a "T""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory