Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Support!

D and I were debating whether to go to our support group last night. First, he said no b/c we don't have that much to talk about. I was like "are you crazy"? Then he clarified that sometimes it's like we're just reporting what's going on with us and hearing everyone else's stories, but not really getting much out of it....which is true. I'm the type to make jokes rather than cry in large group so sometimes I don't seem like the one who is the most upset. But we decided to go anyway basically due to that whole Forest Gump quote. See? There I go again.

So, we're all telling our stories from the beginning since there are 3 new people there. D and I talked about how to know when to change course, when to stop and how frustrating all of this is because you just don't know. Then, it gets to the last person, E. She's been in our group for a while and her and her husband have been through so much. They are in the middle of the adoption process as well because they had so many failed attempts. She's telling us about the terrible cycle she had and how she was convinced it didn't work........but .....it did. Now's she's pregnant and about to go in for her 2nd ultrasound. yay! She almost didn't come to the meeting but I'm so glad she did. She really gave D and I some hope for this cycle. Thanks E! and Forest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory