Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Arrrrrgh! myuhc myass!

Back before I was laid off I was covered by United Healthcare. They have a 10K lifetime limit on fertility treatments. So, I did all the testing to see if there was any reason we weren't getting pregnant, then in January we did our first round of IVF. I kept track of all the payouts and at the time we started, we had at least $5100 left in coverage. When I called UHC, they said I had like $8000. They also said that the account would be reviewed in 120 days and they would let me know if there was a problem. So, UHC pays the whole cycle, and June comes and goes with nothing from them. Then I hear today from my doctor's office that UHC wants $5400 back and my doctor's office wants me to pay it. huh??????

I will try to fight it, but I don't know how far I can get with a giant healthcare company. First the contractor is trying to swindle us, now this. sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory