Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Rollercoaster of a day!

We had our second u/s appt scheduled for 1:15pm. The last few hours before the appt were really nerve-wracking for me. I drove all the way up to Montgomery Mall to return something. I went to one store then decided to head back home. I was a totally mess basically. My stomach was a bit squirrely too.

So I go and give blood and then D and I wait in the waiting room. For another 1/2 hour!!! Uggggh, they are never on time on that side. Then we finally go into the exam room....and wait 15-20 minutes more. This time without my pants. That's always fun.

However, all our frustrations went away when we found out our doctor for the day would be Dr. S. yay! He always answers our questions so that put me at ease. So, on to the u/s. We were really nervous about seeing the heartbeat today. I see the sac and the baby and I see fluid moving around that I hadn't seen before....I was pretty sure that it was the heart. But, Dr. S puts a different screen up that shows the sound waves of the heartbeat and it was a flatline....ugggh this is what happened to us last time when we had our m/c so I became very anxious. Then he turns that off and continues to do the exam. He says that his silence is not an indication that anything is wrong ...that's when I ask him if there's a heartbeat. An he says "oh yes"....and shows me the spot...the one that I originally saw. yay! He said that this machine wasn't able to detect it on audio this early. sigh.....ok

Then we can see the placenta and he points everything out. Then, he gives the assistant the u/s and she starts poking and prodding in very bad directions. I'm not sure what she was measuring and looking for, but it was uncomfortable.

Anyway, we left with our cool picture and very excited. D and I went out to dinner to celebrate.

Here's the rollercoaster part. I got home from dinner and when I went to the bathroom found out I was bleeding. (damn u/s girl!) I immediately went and put my feet up for the rest of the night. Luckily the bleeding has stopped, but it was very scary end to a very exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory