Friday, October 2, 2009

Proof Positive

Sorry,I'm not talking about a pregnancy test result! I know that's mean, but that's how I roll.

I was just thinking about.....what if this is THE cycle...what if I do get pregnant? Basically, it's with the help of the wonderful doctors but....this was not the next step they recommended for me. They actually didn't recommend this at all...and I'm not sure why. After my last failed fresh cycle I asked the 2 doctors involved to put their heads together and come up with a best course of action for me. They recommended a D&C to "reboot my system". Well, after searching on the internet for any kind of research paper or data to support this, I spoke to one of the doctors who confirmed that there is no data to support this. Then, I came up with this gameplan...and when I did, the doctor supported it. I didn't invent it, but I did suggest it. Even if this cycle is negative, we had some great results. So I know, that if we stop here, this was the best we could do....if it didn't work then obviously my eggs are crap. Still, I'll be certain that I did all I could.

Moral: Be your own advocate...know all you can about the IVF process.....study study study. It will make you mad.....but doctors don't always tell you everything so you have to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Be your own advocate...such an important lesson for sure, with anything in health care.

    ReplyDelete

Infertility Blog Directory