Saturday, October 3, 2009

Delayed Entry - T-4 days

Since I’m non-blogging mode about my ivf cycle outcome. I decided to write it all down so that once I hit the end of my first trimester I can let you all know what happened.

T-4 days 4 days until my beta test. I know the chances are slim that it would show on a home test yet….still there I was peeing on the stick! Zippo!

Funny story (maybe): Right before my egg retrieval, I had to take what they call a trigger shot. It’s a mega-dose of HCG, the pregnancy hormone, this tells the pituitary gland to tell the ovaries to ovulate. Apparently, some ladies have been doing it wrong (I’m not sure how this is possible….but ok) and go in for their retrieval and get no eggs. So, the drs office now makes us take a pregnancy test the next morning to make sure the HCG is in your system. Then, you have to call and leave them a message that your test was positive. My message was something like this: “uh this is Linda M.….just calling to say that my pregnancy test was positive this morning. I’m kind of surprised because I was convinced these things were defective”…….followed by more rambling and sarcasm. Those poor nurses must think I’m totally nuts which…..well…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory