Saturday, October 3, 2009

T-3 days Today is Friday, my pregnancy test is Monday. Woke up at 7am and realized I had to pee. We gave the dog a bath last night and I had no allergy meds in my system since I can’t take any Allegra-d right now and Claritin is well….useless crap. I look in the mirror and my eyes are all puffy. Shit, I look REALLY tired, but I have to pee, so this means I have to take the test and then stay up and wait. I start sneezing…which is what I do in the morning….so I’m waiting and surfing the internet and sneezing…with my puffy eyes…it’s a lovely scene. I check the test, nothing. I check the test a few minutes later….nothing. I can’t focus really well (because it’s 7 freakin’ am) so I go into the bathroom for brighter light….can’t see anything. I am still not convinced so I go get the flashlight and can’t see anything. (This reeks of desperation I know) I am disgusted and toss the HPT into the trash in my office. But you know it doesn’t end there! I surf the internet for a while and then of course I fish it out of the trash and look again (with the flashlight….I know, I’m so disgusted with myself as well, I’m a grown woman for god’s sake…I need to get a grip!) and see an teeny tiny faint pink line. Now there are 2 rules of HPT’s that apply here: 1) a line is a line. If you don’t have the hormone it won’t turn pink. and 2) The test results are not valid after 10 minutes. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!!! This does not help my desperation one bit.

Since I can hear Dan stirring, I go in and ask him if he would like some false hope for the day…..and then tell him the story. He’s actually on my side and says if it’s pink it’s pink…and that this is what happened the last time. Last time, the line looked kinda of gray then got pinker and pinker each day. I LOVE HIM so much at this moment! He gets up and I show him the stick and he’s like “oh I can definitely see it” (sans flashlight and all).

After he gets ready and kisses me goodbye, I suggest that maybe I should spend my day taking pregnancy tests every hour on the hour. He suggests that I should probably just wait until tomorrow morning….or at least 12 hours. What’s reason got to do with this? REALLY!!!!!

Do you think I will be able sleep a wink tonight knowing I will get up in the morning to test again and dying to know if this pink line is for reals?

10:17 am You KNOW I couldn’t wait 12 hours…I have 2 perfectly good, unused tests sitting right here and I suddenly have to go to the bathroom again. Sssshhhhhhh don’t tell Dan! 6 minutes in….there’s definitely a teeny tiny faint pink line.

Now this is getting interesting!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory