Sunday, January 18, 2009

Best (and weirdest) Compliment That Made My Day!

We went to our early morning checkup this morning. During the u/s, the nurse said how they would check my bloodwork and get back to me about my meds....b/c they are concerned with OHSS (Ovarian HyperStimulation Syndrome). I said I heard that wasn't common in someone my age. She said "Are you 40? I hadn't looked at your chart...I had no idea. You don't look it and neither do your ovaries!" While it was really nice to hear that I didn't look 40, strangely, it was even nicer to hear that my ovaries are not reacting like their 40. Whooo hooo!

I had lots of follicles today. She didn't even bother to count them....but she measured the largest ones between 13mm and 10+ mm. The ones on the left are lagging behind a bit (around 10mm) but hopefully they will catch up soon. I had such a sense of excitement after this appt. Before I started, I was really worried that my cycle could get cancelled or that I'd have a bad response. I guess I feel a sense of relief now that at least we have a good shot (no pun intended) at this working. It would be even greater if we had so many good follicles that we could freeze some, but now I'm just getting greedy I know!

When my bloodwork came back, the nurse called and told me to skip my AM Gonal-F and to take 300 units tonight instead. I guess I'm coasting for the day. The doctor told me during our IVF consult that chances were slim that anyone my age could have OHSS so I think it's wild that they are so concerned about that in me and are adjusting all my meds. I just hope it doesn't effect the growth.

So far, it looks like we are still on track for ER on Thursday. I must go change out of these jeans and into yoga pants now. My ovaries are demanding it!

1 comment:

Infertility Blog Directory