Friday, January 16, 2009

Checkup #2

Well, today I'm on Day 6 of stimming. At my checkup this morning, I found out that my lil' follicles like to piggyback on one another. It seems there were a few hiding. It took a pretty uncomfortable u/s to prod me in the right direction to find them. The good news is, there are more than 10. On the left side, at least 4 are greater than 7.5mm. There are about 8 total on the left. On the right side, the largest is 11mm and there's a 10mm, 9.5mm, and 9mm too. About 6 that we could see on that side total. Every different angle showed some more though so I'm feeling good about that. We still have a ways to go in size, but we're getting there. My pants are starting to feel a bit snug.....looks like I'll be wearing yoga pants all weekend!

It was a morning of lots of drs appt. After my IVF appt, I went to my anestesia (I know I am spelling that wrong, it looks very weird, but I digress) consult...this took about 5 minutes. I met my mom for breakfast nearby then headed out near my work for an allergist appt. My allergist is the sweetest doctor in the entire world. She is so nice and so genuine, I feel like I need to figure out how to become her friend. When I was pregnant last year, she was so happy for me and said how her friends younger than me were having troubles. Today, when I told her about the m/c and that I was doing IVF she immediately told me all she had been through and that she had been trying herself for the past 2 years. She had done IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF and is finally 3 months pregnant. YAY! She hugged me and wished me luck with my IVF too! It really gives me hope to hear about people who went through so much and are finally successful. I am so happy for her!

1 comment:

  1. Linda..I made it over to check out your blog! I am going to enjoy following your progress. Hopefully the end result of this cycle will be precious blessing. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines, while I wait for my turn.

    ReplyDelete

Infertility Blog Directory