Thursday, January 1, 2009

To blog or not to blog?

It's a tough question. When going through fertility treatments, do you tell your friends? Do you tell your family? How much do you tell? These are such personal decisions.

Our decision was based partially on our false start. My husband and I started trying to get pregnant in March of 2008. We waited a few months after I went off the pill....then found out I was pregnant on the very first try. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We were a bit shocked that I got pregnant so quickly especially at my age...then we were even more shocked and devastated when we lost it.

Only a few people knew about our pregnancy and having a miscarriage isn't just something you bring up in ordinary conversation. After a few months though, we had dealt with the loss and were trying again. My close friends asked how it was all going and it all just came out.

So, my friends have been saying I should write a blog about this whole experience. It was something I debated. I'm not usually very good at keeping things inside...but this is also a very, very personal and difficult thing to deal with. I decided to go for it for two reasons. I've read several other IVF blogs and found them very comforting.....so maybe this will be the same for someone else. I'm hoping this will all turn out to have a happy ending. I'd like to be able to look back and see how my husband and I learned to deal with this challenge together.

That's the plan.......but then, that's where the fertility drugs come in! It could get ugly! Hope you'll join me for the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Kudos from your personal cheering section!
    - Kelita

    ReplyDelete

Infertility Blog Directory