Friday, January 9, 2009

Inundated!

I'm on information overload this morning! I'm seriously convinced that a good portion of IVF cycles fail because of taking the wrong shot at the wrong time or the wrong dose. There is so much information and so many appointments, it's really easy to get mixed up. Of course, for all who know me, you know I already have a calendar marking which day I'm taking what and have all my drs appts color coded etc. Still, it's a bit much.

So my drs appt today consisted of three parts. First was the blood test. This will check my hormone levels. I guess I'll call later today for the results. Next was a "uterine sounding". This was to measure the size and shape of my uterus. When the embryos are put back in after they are fertilized, it's critical that the procedure is as gentle as possible. So, basically they prod the back of your uterus and measure how far back it is so that they don't go too far. The doctor described this as "like a pap smear with a little zinger". I told him if the zinger was a shot of vodka then fine, otherwise........ OTHERWISE, I'll tell you it's not very comfortable. It was quick at least, but I've been cramping on and off every since the appt. No cool man, not cool.

The last part of the appt was the ultrasound (u/s). He took a quick count and could see at least 11 antral follicles. They were bigger than last time. I was hoping for more. I'm not sure if this means this is the most I can possibly get. I guess we'll have to wait and see. He didn't seemed to be concerned about it so I guess it's an ok response.

I got to test using an actual syringe during the appt. It was good because the Gonal-F pen takes a lot of pressure to inject. Good to know. I'm going to have to work on my "dart" technique. I have a feeling I'll be using the "chicken shit" technique in the beginning. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory