Monday, January 26, 2009

An exciting day!

Well, we received the call around 7:30 this morning that we would be doing a 3 day transfer today. They gave us no information about the embryos, but we could at least assume that 5 of them had not made it to 8 cells. To be honest, I was hoping for a 3 day transfer anyway. This gives us the possibility to freeze...and all my work arrangements were already set.

So, I went to my acupunture appt at 9:15...but they were running late. I'm stressing. Luckily everyone was flexible and it all worked out. I had needles in crazy places today....both ears, top of my head, my feet (those itched) and my legs.

Then, we headed right over to the lab and they set us up right away. We are part of the harp study so the harp was set up and ready to go. I had to fill out a survey about my "state of calmness" etc., then they took my blood pressure. The harpist came in an began to play, hubby rubbed my temples....then the dr came in and told us he recommended a 3 embryo transfer. We had an 8cell, a 7 cell and a 6 cell put back in. We both agreed we were much more comfortable with 3 going back then 4 so I was glad that the dr thought so too. The transfer was a little uncomfortable but ok. In other good news, 8 of the other embryos made it to 5 cell stage, so those are going to be frozen! yay!

Then, after another survey, blood pressure and a few more minutes of the harp, I was back at the acupunturist. This time I was pretty tired. I guess from the stressful part finally being over. I had needles in my ears and hands and legs, so falling asleep was a bit difficult, My arm kept dropping off my belly and I was afraid I was going to jam a needle in.

All in all, it was a pretty good experience.......but I'm still hoping I don't have to go through all this again! Couldn't I have met my husband a few years earlier? It would have been so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory