Sunday, January 25, 2009

Decisions! Decisions!

We just had our daily update from the embryologist. Today we still have 14 embryos. There are 2-4 cell, 3-3 cell, and 9-2 celled. She said at this stage they should all be between 2 and 4 cells, so we are on track. I asked her about the likelihood of going to a 5 day transfer and she said it could go either way at this point. I also asked about the potential for freezing. She said if we were interested in freezing some, it would be best to do this at the 3 day stage, so in that case she would recommend the 3 day transfer. It's not likely that there would be enough to freeze at the 5 day stage. They would transfer every one of them that made it. Growing in a culture is not as good for the embryos as growing in their natural environment...so many don't survive that long.

So, we are waiting to hear the report tomorrow and then have to decide how many to transfer and when. I think I'm leaning toward the 3 day transfer...although the though of putting back 4 is a little scary. We're still in wait and see mode...but that's ok.

As for my recovery, I felt ok yesterday morning. I took a shower and we went out to bfast. But later, I had some major stomach problems. Side effects from the pain meds I think. So, I was couch bound for the afternoon. Luckily, after sleeping 9 1/2 hours last night, I'm feeling great today. I'm not as sore and feeling more myself.
YAY!

1 comment:

Infertility Blog Directory