Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pressure!!!!!

For the most part, I've cleared my calendar for the next 2 weeks. I didn't know what kind of side effects I might have, when I might need to take the shots or how tired I'd be, so I didn't want to make too many commitments.

But even though I've let my boss know that I have a medical situation, I feel like there's all this pressure. He isn't keeping track of when I'm telling him I will be out, then asks if I told him (document, document, document). He keeps asking me when I'll be out for my procedures (even though I told him I didn't know for sure yet). I have to go to DC right after everything for some ethics course and now his boss is coming to our office next week on the day before my scheduled egg retrieval. So, not only do I feel like I have a clamp on my head from the hormones, I feel like I have this tightening clamp on my mellow attitude and my wide open schedule. No one should harsh the mellow of a chick on hormones.

I'd really prefer not to go into specifics with him....and I REALLY don't want to have to provide a drs note from my RE's office, ya know? That will give away way too much information. So, I called HR to make sure my bases were covered. They said that my health was the most important thing and that it wasn't any of their business (or his) why I am out. The HR person also said that if I felt pressured or was being given a hard time about being out that I should call my HR person when she is back in the office.

For now, I will keep sending my email updates to him and see what happens.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory