Friday, January 30, 2009

Symptom Craziness!

You try not to think about it and just go on with your day then bam, you suddenly realize that your boobs hurt or you just felt a twinge down there. Oh sure, it could be the hcg still in my system, my ovaries returning to their normal size or the progesterone I'm taking. It's still maddening nonetheless.

Today, my symptom that may not be a symptom is that I'm totally exhausted. I feel a little achy and completely wiped out. I was considering where I can find a place to sleep on my lunch hour (answer, nowhere). Of course, this could be attributed to the long day I had yesterday traveling to DC with work, but that would be a sane and logical reason. That's not how we roll in the 2WW people. (That's TWO WEEK WAIT for you newbies!) I was able to breeze by the first few days pretty easily, but now, I've got a calendar with a red pen and I'm counting the days....even though I know how many days. (See aforementioned, not logicalness)

On another topic, there's no better timing like spending an entire day on a train than to have crazy and gross side effects from the meds I am on. It's way into the TMI realm so I will not go into details, needless to say it was not cool....not cool at all. Of course I had to tell D all about it when he picked me up at the train station. I believe he said "that's gross bay-buh". If only he was on Heroes and his ability was to turn back time...or selectively erase his memory. Too bad for him! If I've gotta know, he's gotta know!

Not to bury the lead, but on my way back on the train I saw I had a voicemail. It was one of the embryologists calling to tell me the status on the 3-4 celled embryos that weren't frozen on Monday b/c they were too small. She called to say that 2 actually made it to blastocysts and were frozen today. She was looking at my chart and referencing how I had 3 transferred, 8 frozen, and now 2 blasts and what a great response that is. It gives me hope, makes me excited, and winds up the crazy another notch! This waiting may be worse than the hormones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory