Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One more shot to go!

It was an eventful appt this morning. Yesterday's slacker follicles decided to get up to speed today finally! Our largest follicle was at 20.5mm. Quite a few others, I'd say 5 or so were between 15.5 and 17....and there were some more at 15. There were still some slackers trailing behind at 13mm's. I berated them when they were on the screen. WTF? We're all workin' here people, grow already!

So, I take my trigger shot tonight at 8pm. To D's dismay, he does not need to give me the shot in my butt....I can do it just like all the others. He's so sad. The HCG trigger shot is going to tell my ovaries to ovulate. My egg retrieval is schedules for 36 hours exactly from the time of the trigger shot.....the dr will be there waiting to "aspirate" all the eggs from the follicles. If you're thinking, how do they do that? You don't want to know. There's a giant needle and a vagina involved. See? I told ya. Luckily, there is also anesthesia. (hey, I spelled it right today!)

My belly is ridiculously huge today. I had to wear dressier pants since we had a visitor to our office. My ovaries are angry about it!

A part of me appreciates how D is very easy going. He is able to help me to have fun in tough times like these. We have laughed a lot over the past few weeks. But....the other part of me wishes he worried about the situation too...or knew that I couldn't sleep b/c I'm anxious and scared about the procedures. Since I'm an A-1 Type A gal, I realize this whole IVF process is right up my scheduling and planning alley....but not his at all. Although I may be good at handling that type of stuff, I'm still just a scared lil' bunny on the inside sometimes ya know? OK, maybe like a rabid ferret more than a bunny, but you get the point.


UPDATE: 8:15PM. IT IS DONE! The last shot has been shotted! (yes, I know it's not english but I don't care) I am so, so glad for this to be my last shot. At first it was easy to give the shots, but then the last few days it has become more and more difficult for me to stab myself. Maybe because I was running out of room between puncture marks and bruises. I watched a few videos on youtube of people giving themselves this shot. It looks like on a few of them that they left the super long mixing needle (1 1/2") on and then stabbed themselves. So crazy! Thank goodness this was only a small needle like the others. I'm so done with it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory