Monday, January 5, 2009

More Needles!

Yes, I received even more needles and drugs in the mail today. It was my last lone prescription of low dose hcg. Apparently, this medication only lasts for 30 days and then is ineffective. So, they didn't want to send it too early. It is always unsettling to open up a fedex and see a giant package of syringes. (breathe breathe) I think the whole shot thing would be ok if I didn't have to look. That's usually how I get through them in the drs office. It could prove to be a bad move though when giving myself the shots.

Hubby and I had an early morning drs appt today too. It was for a genetic consult. We had one before during the pregnancy, but our IVF nurse insisted that there was more information I needed to know specifically regarding IVF. Yeah....um.....no. It was completely the same....if not less information....useless. Oh well. Take my money, what do I care?

My co-worker who knows all about my IVF plans (probably more than she ever wanted to know) tried to rile me up and get me all upset that about the useless appt. (Oh sure, everyone loves pissing me off don't they? It's all fun and games until I poke someone's eye out! :P) She was very disappointed that I didn't take the bait. When you're spending $10,000, $125 bucks isn't worth the trouble of getting wound up. Sorry chica!

2 comments:

  1. Exactly! It is what it is! Not a huge difference in the grand scheme.

    Super-satisfying to avoid taking the bait and disappoint her...heh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rare that I don't fight the good fight.....but I must be nice to these people so they will help me procreate! Plus, I MUST stay in my happy place. "Tree falling in the woods....tree falling in the woods" (for all you Simpsons' fans out there who get that)

    ReplyDelete

Infertility Blog Directory