Saturday, January 24, 2009

FOURTEEN!

Whoo hoo! Fourteen is my lucky number of the day! We just heard from the embryologist. 14 eggs have fertilized!!!! Apparently everything typical to a 40 year old is not applying to me so far. I had a good response to the hormones, I had a large number of eggs retrieved and fertilized for my age, and now, they are considering whether to go to a 5 day blastocyst transfer instead of the 3 day standard transfer. Whooo hoo! (oops said that already)

The recommendation by the AMA for someone my age is to transfer up to 4 embryos. Of course, this ups the risk of multiples if they all take. However, if at least 5 of the embryos can make it 8 cell embryos by Monday, they'll let me do a 5 day blastocyst transfer. This means, they are more likely to survive, therefore they can put less in.

So, since nothing so far is typical of a 40 year olds IVF, maybe it's not to greedy to think that we may get to freeze some too?

It'll be difficult leaving my schedule in limbo with my acupunturist and with work, but I'm not caring much about that right now. It'll all work out.

The democrat inside of me is very upset that I keep chanting "Grow Baby Grow" in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infertility Blog Directory